Dangerous Goods Transportation Specialist - Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Dangerous Goods Transportation Specialist
Reports to: DC Manager or Warehouse Manager
Supervises: Warehouse Personnel
General Summary: This position is responsible for domestic and international shipping activities at the Distribution Center (DC). The Dangerous Goods Transportation Specialist will also be responsible for preparation of shipping documents (including hazardous material declarations and other regulatory documents) as well as the Picking and Pick QC processes.
- Promote a safe working environment within the DC.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Quality, Safety and Regulatory programs as well as applicable procedures and processes at the Hub, and assure warehouse personnel are trained and adhere to established protocols.
- Assist in development of or follow established work procedures to assure compliance with all international, federal, state, and local regulations including OSHA, DOT, IATA, IMO and RCRA requirements.
- Work with and assist material handlers in preparing shipments in order to meet the customers needs and assure daily shipping requirements are completed accurately and on-time.
- Ensure packages are marked and labeled according to MIL-STD-129P, MIL-STD-2073, MIL-STD-290F, and RFID requirements as applicable.
- Ensure DOD, IATA and IMO required shipping documentation is generated and maintained as applicable.
- Provide customer service & support to end users for quality related issues such as product conformance, labeling, and packaging questions.
- Assist in meeting performance goals including on time delivery of materials, acceptance rate and cycle count accuracy.
- Assist with other tasks, as assigned, to support DC activities.
- Supervise warehouse shipping operations
- Ensure effective communication and teamwork among Haas Group International staff and customers.
- Ensure the Hub complies with all federal, state, and local regulations including OSHA, DOT, IATA, IMO and RCRA requirements.
- Act within the scope of authority and remain consistent with Haas Group International objectives, guidelines, polices, and practices.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in Transportation of Hazardous Materials.
- Experience in International Shipping.
- Experience in the use of computers and software including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Use of forklifts, material trucks
- Understanding of DOT, IATA, IMO and EPA guidelines for transport of hazardous materials
- Ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing
Haas Group International is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment.